We are seeking skilled qualified trade painters to join our team. Once onboard, you will be responsible for the preparation and completion of high-quality paintwork on commercial projects throughout Queensland.
You will also support the team to deliver projects safely, within the budget and most importantly, ensure that any project undertaken is completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
The Usher Group
The Usher Group is a privately owned, highly dynamic business with a strong reputation in the building and construction sector. Our success is built on the people within our team. Many of our existing managers started off their careers as painters within the organisation.
As Painter, you will be expected to
- Measure and mix finishing products as per the supplier’s recommendations
- Applying coatings using various application methods including airless
- Erect work platforms and ladders
- Place drop sheets and masking to protect areas
- Prepare surfaces as per the specified recommendations
- Clean equipment and work areas
- Complete all safety and job site documentation
Preferred Skills & Experience
You will need to be a trade qualified painter with a QLD construction white card and experience in commercial painting and must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working on construction sites.
You should also have:
- Current Australian driver’s licence
- Construction Induction Safety certificate
You will also be highly regarded if you have:
- The ability to work as part of a team
- A high attention to detail
- A methodical and thorough approach to work
- A high degree of initiative, take ownership of issues and demonstrates a “can do” attitude
- A team player attitude but can also work autonomously
- An understanding of OH&S procedures
To apply for this exciting role, please submit your application via the form on this page, Include your CV or email directly
Please note: Due to the high number of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted