An opportunity has been created for a Senior Estimator to join our Painting team based in Keilor Park, Melbourne. Once onboard, you will be responsible for compiling estimates for current and potential clients. Create project budgets, assess material, labour and equipment requirements and analyse different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
The Usher Group
The Usher Group is a privately owned, highly dynamic business with a strong reputation within the building and construction sector. They are specialists in application of paint, render, signage, access equipment as well as contract maintenance services.
The Usher Group take pride in providing clients not just with quality outcomes, but also with cost-effective solutions. The organisation is also capable of quickly adapting to an ever-evolving market, delivering end-to-end solutions no matter the scale or complexity of the project.
As a Senior Estimator you will be responsible for sourcing new projects, estimating projects, gathering tender documents, drawings, specifications, and related documents. In addition, you will be trained to use Usher Groups inhouse estimating systems to calculate labour, material, and equipment in order to be able to compute the overall cost of the project.
You will also be required to:
- Explore documentation in order to gain a deep understanding of the project requirements
- Create and present detailed estimate proposals
- Meet with customers as part of the pre-contract negotiations to review scope and agree project price
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
You will also be highly regarded if you have:
- Experience with reading, understanding and marking up plans as well as having experience in using Bluebeam or AutoCAD
- Prior experience in the building industry as an estimator.
- Excellent time management/planning and organising skills to achieve deadlines
- A meticulous eye and attention to detail; and a critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Can work under pressure and turn around results and responses immediately and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Is highly computer literate and mathematically competent
- Has excellent written & verbal communication skills, the ability to communicate with people at all levels is a MUST.
- Is professional in all of your day to day dealings and be able to develop and maintain strong relationships within the group and externally.
- A valid Australian drivers’ licence
To apply for this exciting role, please submit your application via the form on this page, Include your CV or email directly
Please note: Due to the high number of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.